“Holistic Care with Patient’s safety and satisfaction“
The Department of Paediatric Surgery at Satyabhama Hospital provides world-class, family centred services to infants, children and adolescents requiring surgical approach for congenital malformation, childhood illness or injury. Our senior consultant with 36 years of clinical experience in paediatric surgery is a prominent name in the area. He dedicatedly works with his team to deliver highly focused and ethical services for the diagnosis & treatment of high risk as well as rarest complex medical conditions in ‘young adults’. Surgical problems seen by Paediatric Surgeons are often quite different from those encountered by adult or general surgeons. That is why we have a team of extremely talented and skilled Paediatric Surgeons along with seamless integration with other surgeons specialised in paediatric cases. Our dedication and involvement in the neonatal surgical services has delivered significant results in the infants suffering from congenital malformation syndromes. We have undergone intense training in managing specialised needs of new born and older children. We have expertise to manage almost all types of routine and congenital problems in even premature babies. The Department also deals with the urological problems of children under the guidance of paediatric experts and have skills to perform cystoscopic procedures in a new born. We offer fully-equipped Paediatric surgical division that has ultra modern facilities supported by four bedded Paediatric ICU with facilities for ventilation managed primarily by Paediatric care intensivist and highly experienced Paediatricians. We have strived hard to bring excellence in our work to bring operative mortality to near zero over the last few years.
“We value and can relate ourselves with the needs of our patients to have germ-free teeth and million-dollar smile, which is why reaching out to us and availing our dental services can be done with a click of a button or via a phone call.”
First new born surgery of a birth defect of Tracheo-oesophageal fistula repair was done successfully at SBH in 2017. This was one-of-its-kind surgical outcome that was first in this area of Delhi.
- Day care surgery
- Pediatric Radiology
- ICU monitoring and management
- Sophisticated anesthesia geared to immature systems and physiology
- Minor procedures under conscious sedation
Services and Treatments offered
- Pediatric Laparoscopy Today, minimally invasive surgery has also evolved in pediatric age group. Many commonly performed pediatric surgical procedure can now be done laparoscopicaly like surgery for pedicatric hernia, undescended testis, recurrent abdominal pain, appendicitis, thoracic lesions and pediatric urology.
- Urological Anomalies: Phimosis, undescended testis, PUJ obstruction, PU Valves, vesicoureteric reflux, ectopic and dysplastic kidney, hypospadias, epispadias.
- Neonatal Anomalies: Tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF), diaphragmatic hernia (CDH), intestinal atresia, Nectrotising enterocolitis, imperforate anus, abdominal wall defects like exomphalos, gastroschisis, malrotation, abdominal cysts and thoracic anomalies.
- GI Problems: Intestinal obstruction, appendicitis, Hirschprung’s disease, pyloric stenosis, splenectomy for spleen pathology, gastroesophageal reflux, abdominal cysts, constipation.
- We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
- Hepatobiliary Disorders: Choledochal cyst, biliary atresia, gall stones, liver tumors etc.
- Thoracic: Congenital diaphragmatic hernia, diaphragmatic eventration, mediastinal cysts and tumors, bronchogenic cysts, enlarged lymph nodes, pulmonary sequestration, cystic adenomatoid malformation (CAM), lobar emphysema, empyema, pneumothorax, chylothorax, esophageal duplication cysts, tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF), congenital and acquired strictures of the esophagus, esophageal foreign bodies, esophageal rupture and perforation.
- Hernia & Hydrocele
- Urinary and faecal incontinence
- Ambiguous genitalia amenable to surgery
- Childhood tumors like wilms tumor, neuroblatoma etc
- Soft tissue cervical, truncal and limb vascular tumors like hemangioma & lymphangioma
- Meningomyelocele, hydrocephalus
- Pediatric Trauma and Burn
- Patient Controled Anaelgesia (PCA)
Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Childhood tumors : like neuroblastoma, Wilms’ tumor, rhabdomysarcoma, liver tumors, teratomas Hernia, Hydrocoel, undescended testes, swelling or lump anywhere.
- Chest and abdominal surgical emergencies