SBHPL has taken great care in constructing and maintaining a state of the art ergonomically efficient Operation Theatres (O.T.). The O.T. is equipped with the latest design, features and equipment conforming to the latest Healthcare standards. The OT premises is provided with central air supply and HEPA Filters. For maintaining sterile conditions epoxy coating on the floors and steel cladding on the walls has been done.
The hospital offers all major or minor and elective or emergency operation services round the clock daily. Operations can also be done on a day care basis based on the patient’s requirement.
We have a Team of Anaesthetists Available Round the Clock.
Ergonomics and Equipment of the Operation Room:
- Hermetically sealed modular theatre with Hand Operated Door (equipped with nylon for smooth frictionless movement) is installed in the OT. The door is provided with a 300 X 300 mm size viewing window
- The flooring is seamless and is antistatic and conductive thus making it resistant to mechanical stress and dynamic loads.
- Inside the operation theatre there are four exhaust outlets. The Exhausts are equipped with HEPA. There are 20 air changes per hour in order to minimize surgical site infections.
- All Operating lights are ceiling mounted and resistant to laminar air flow. They are specially designed to emit yellow light and less shadow
- The operation table is electro hydraulic for the sake of flexibility and ease in performing various kinds of surgeries
- Theatre wall comprises of tile base & a membrane type control panel mounted on it which also includes a Day time clock, Lapse time clock, dimmer for plain air and peripheral lights, hands free telephone, medical gases status indicator and alarm and indicators for temperature and humidity
- Twin plate X-ray viewing box installed in the O.T
- A cascade pressure stabilizer having 304 grade blades has been set up.
- There is One stainless steel scrub sink .
- The Operation theatre is provided with continuous central supply of Oxygen, Nitrous Oxide, high and low pressure air at required flow. The theatre is fitted with extra ceiling mounted endoscopic pendants with central supply of carbon dioxide for Laparoscopic surgeries.
- Regular electric supply through UPS is ensured in the theatre.
- The spacious pre and postoperative area is fitted with modern monitors along with other paraphernalia for continuous observation of patients.
All the Operative procedures are performed under special precautions and aseptic conditions for infection control. Regular microbiological surveillance of OT’S to maintain the highest levels of standard. O.T. personnel are also regularly trained on various aspects like the use of disinfectants, sterilized handling equipment, and preparation of medication, infection control practices, waste management, patient management and overall universal precaution