Nutrition and Health (Dietetics)
The main objective of the Satyabhama Hospital is to enrich people with Nutrition and Health. Our aim is to make people healthy and free of diseases related to nutrition in our territory.
It is science to interpret different nutrients in food for maintenance, growth, reproduction, etc. It is generally gained from food which we intake. Unhealthy diet can cause different type of diseases.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF NUTRIENTS
- Macronutrients These nutrients provide structure and energy. It is sub categorized in different parts:
- Essential fatty acids
BENEFITS OF PROPER NUTRITION
- Heart Health
- Bone and teeth strength
- Brain health
- Weight control
HOW TO MAINTAIN GOOD HEALTH
- DIET It is very important to maintain health is to control diet to a particular extent. A healthy diet includes many important nutrients to maintain a body. Making healthy food decisions is very important for a good health and to avoid health problems like heart disease, cancer, etc.
- EXERCISE Physical exercise is very important for healthy body. It gives flexibility and strength to a body so that a body can work well and used to cure different type of diseases.
- SLEEP Sleeping is another important factor for good. Usually people have to take sufficient time to sleep so that they can be refreshed and become efficient for their work. Without proper sleep one can become very inefficient as well as short tempered. Following table shows different ages with their recommended sleep time.
AGE NEED SLEEP New born (0-3 months) 14 to 17 hours Infants (4-11 months) 12 to 15 hours Toddlers (1-2 years) 11 to 14 hours Pre-schoolers (3-5 years) 10 to 13 hours School- age children (6-13 years) 9 to 11 hours Teenagers (14-17 years) 8 to 10 hours Adults (18-64 years) 7 to 9 hours Older Adults (65 years and Over) 7 to 8 hours
BENEFITS OF GOOD HEALTH
- Controls weight
- Improves mood
- Combats Disease
- Boosts Energy
GUIDANCE AND ADVICES
- Nutrition is very important for health so we should take proper nutrition intake to maintain proper health.
- There should be proper control on diet and exercise to maintain health.
- Regular check-up is very important for a person to keep updated about their health