We care… with care.
Type of Laboratory services
Laboratory is equipped with state of art equipments and further divided into various sections:
- Haematology & Clinical Pathology
- Bio-Chemistry and a dedicated separate area for sample collection.
- Lab has well defined TAT (turn around time) for all the tests and most of the reports are available on same day.
HAEMATOLOGY AND CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
The Department of Haematology and Clinical Pathology works round the clock.Department has Haematology division is fully equipped with latest instruments. There are two fully automated five parts cell counters from Beckmen coulter and Horiba, Other instruments like Coagulometer, ESR Analyser and Urinometer to process urine samples are also available.
Equipments (Sysmex 8226, Accustar ESR10, Accustar ACT-2 Coagulometer) Complete Blood Counts Hb, PCV, TRBC, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelet count, TLC, MPV, and automated 5-part differential, Reticulocyte counts, Absolute eosinophil count (AEC), Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), peripheral blood film examination for morphology and parasites.
Equipment : Agappi Mispa ace, Nulyte Poct, Nulyte Smart, Agappi Mispa I-2, Erba Chem-7
Test available in the Department:
- Tulip COASTAT -1 Coagulometer from Compact Diagnostics.
- Peripheral smear examination
- CBC (Complete Blood Counts)
- Antigen testing for malarial parasites
- Microfilarial detectio
- G6PD Screening
- Sickle cell demonstration
- LE Cell demonstration
- Microalbuminuria (MAU)
- Glycosylated Haemoglobin (HbA1C)
- Procalcitonin (PCT)
- Bone Marrow Examination
- Coagulation tests like PT & APTT
- Clinical Pathology
- Immunofluorescence for ANA detection
Urine analysis carried out on UroMeter 120 urine analyser.
Urine Routine and Microscopic Examination.
Special Tests : Urobilinogen, Porphobilinogen, Haemoglobin, Myoglobin, Bence jones protein.
Body Fluids : Ascitic fluid. Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), Gastric aspirate for neutrophils, Pericardial fluid, Pleural fluid, Synovial fluid, Semen analysis.
Quality assurance is a major concern of the department. It covers all aspects of laboratory functioning i.e. pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical; turn around time; maintenance of equipment; selection of tests & reagents; standardization & validation of tests before they are introduced; and training of personnel & Running of Quality Control and Participating EQAS programmed.
The microbiology laboratory aims at providing the reliable and quality based clinical laboratory services to patients constant upgradation of the laboratory to automation, reliable methods and strict quality assurance are the hall marks. Laboratory has experienced and skilled team to manage the quality and accuracy. The microbiology laboratory caters to the needs of the hospital as well as nearby small size laboratories.
Blood culture for aerobic bacteria, fungi and mycobacteria are done on automated system which detects the organisms from 3 hours onwards by continuous monitoring of the bottles. Identification and sensitivity of most of the organisms grown is done on automated system for accurate and reliable reports. Conventional culture for bacteria, fungi from clinical samples other than blood is done on appropriate media following international guidelines. Automated system for culture of Mycobacteria indicates positivity from seventh day onwards. Once culture positive, identification & sensitivity can be reported in approximately 7 days time. A variety of serological tests are performed in the department by conventional rapid card and line immunoassay methodologies. Laboratory’s main armory is its hold on quality and reliability. Special emphasis is being given on daily quality checks i.e internal quality control as well as External quality control standards. Laboratory participates in EQAS (External Quality Assurance Scheme) run by IAMM (Indian Association of Medical Microbiologist) for constant checking and improvement in quality policies.
Department is actively involved in infection control activities, epidemiology and surceillance of hospital associated infection. Infection control guidelines for the hospital and antibiogram of various areas of the hospital are issued from time to time.
The Biochemistry department is equipped with fully automated high precision state of the art equipments namely Dade Behring (Siemens) for biochemistry, Minividas (Biomerieux)for immunoassays Ilyte & Gem 3000 (Instrumentation Laboratory ) for electrolytes & blood gas respectively.
Department is managed by a fulltime Biochemist who is the quality manager as well. Apart from routine biochemistry parameters special hormones and cancer markers are also available on daily basis. We have introduced Vitamin D in the test menu which is also reported daily .
Well defined internal quality control system is established in order to ensure day to day report quality. Quality indicators are employed to assess the quality improvements. Timely scheduled calibration & PM of the equipment ensures smooth functioning ,reduction of breakdowns & thus achieve the established Turn Around Time(TAT) Department participates in the EQAS programme conducted by BIO-RAD for biochemistry & Immunoassay and stands excellent. Available tests in the department are as follows Routine tests KFT, LFT, Lipid profile, Diabetic profile, Hormone assays – fertility profile, thyroid profile, & Cancer markers etc.
Histopathology & Cytology
This section of lab holds a special place in this hospitals. Where all the surgical specimens are sent in the labs for an accurate diagnosis and its further management . Various tests facilities available in sections are:-
- Small endoscopic biopsies like colonoscopic, EBUS-TBNA (Endobronchial ultrasounded transbronchial needle aspiration) and EUS-FNA (Endoscopic ultrasound guided FNA) are processed on the same day after fixation and reports are available on the very next day.
- Fully automated tissue processor as well microtome for histopathology to cope up with the increasing load of samples and reports are available within in three days. PAP’s smear examination for quick screening of cervical cancers in female patients. Body fluids including exfoliative cytology BAL fluids and brush cytologies whether bronchial or from G.I tract are processed and report is available on the very same day. CT guided and USG guided trans thoracic and transabdominal FNAC s to reach difficult distant deep seated lesions and diagnosis is available on the very same day .
- Preoperative / Intraoperative scrappe cytology , touch and imprint smears for an immediate diagnosis. Histopath Lab is equipped with Automatic tissue processor, fully automated embedding station & very fine microtome with a team of well trained staff.Cytology is also done on all types of material including, various types of fluid for malignant cells (Pleural, Peritoneal, Pericardial and CSF)using cytospin for quality reporting. FNAC is routinely done on OPD/IPD patient by the pathologist, CT/Ultra Sound guided FNAC is also done for intra abdominal/intra thoracic masses. PAP screening is also routinely done. All routine stains and immuno histo chemistry is done for typing of malignancy & confirmation of fungal/Protozal/Bacterial infection.
Profile: Dr. Neeraj Jain (Consultant)
Dr. Neeraj Jain is MD at Jain Diagnostics & president of Medical Education and learning point conducting NABET accredited ISO 15189 IEEE and QMS training programs.
Graduate and postgraduate of University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University, Delhi.
- Senior Faculty of ISO 15189 training courses and till date conducting more than 150 courses all over India including Institutions like AIIMS Delhi, PGI Chandigarh, PGIMS Rohtak, GCRI Ahmedabad, Osmania Medical College Hyderabad and many such places.
- Vast experience in UG and PG teaching conducting conducted and participated as faculty in various lectures workshops seminars and conferences across the country.
- NABL assessor, NABH assessor
- Received IMA award for merit for his distinguish services in lab quality education.
- Received IMA National Award 2014 for lab quality education.
- Received DMA president Award 2014 and 2017