CENTRE FOR DIGESTIVE AND LIVER DISEASES
Satyabhama Hospital also offers treatment for digestive diseases and liver diseases. Nursing with a smile is a speciality of Satyabhama Hospital. This department also deals with same properties.
The Satyabhama Hospital is very gratified to inform that it has the advanced level of technology integrated with the professionals in order to conduct more amount of successful surgeries.
WHAT IS LIVER TRANSPLANT:
The process of replacing a patient’s diseased liver with a healthy liver is known as Liver Transplant.
A liver is one of the important parts of a human body. One’s survival is not possible without it. It has many functions, such as removal of degradation elements from the body, metabolism of toxins and drugs, and synthesis of important proteins and enzymes.
TYPES OF LIVER FALIURE:
- ACUTE LIVER FALIURE: Also termed as fulminant hepatic failure. It occurs when the liver suffers from a massive injury and is unable to heal itself. The common causes of the acute liver failure are viral infections, idiosyncratic drug reaction, ingestion of a toxin such as poisonous mushrooms, acetaminophen overdose, etc.
- CHRONIC LIVER FALIURE: In the chronic liver failure, the liver has the capability to repair itself. But in case of decompensated liver disease, liver transplantation becomes the only permanent cure.
TYPES OF NURSING OFFERED:
- Endoscopic Procedure
- Portal Hypertension
- Luminal Disorders
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gall Bladder and Bile Duct
- Diseases of Liver
TYPES OF DIGESTIVE DISEASES:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Diseases
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
SYMPTOMS OF LIVER DISEASES:
- Weight loss
CAUSES OF LIVER DISEASES:
- METABOLIC LIVER DISEASE: When the fat cells starts depositing into the liver cells, its results in injuries and scars to the liver. The unpredictability involves diabetes, obesity and increased cholesterol.
- VASCULAR LIVER DISEASE: Poor flow of blood is known as vascular liver disease.
- ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASE: Excess consumption of Alcohol, leads to the liver abuse. The alcoholic liver disease, is the second greatest factor of the liver transplantation.
- HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA (HCC): Also termed as the primary cancer of the liver. In HCC metastasis (the process in which, the cancer is born in liver, but the it spreads all over the body) takes place. The size of risk increases in a proportionate manner with the size of cancer. Mostly, the cancer spreads to the bones or to the lungs after crossing the boundaries of the liver.
- GENETIC LIVER DISEASES: Some diseases are transferred from the generations, for example:
- Glycogen storage disease
- Wilson’s Disease
- Alpha-1 Anti-trypsin deficiency
- VIRAL HEPATITIS:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- AUTOIMMUNE LIVER DISEASE:
- Carole’s Disease (abnormal bile ducts)
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (destruction of small bile ducts)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis (liver getting destroyed by own immune system)
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (bile ducts getting destructed inside and outside liver)
- Neonatal Sclerosing Cholangitis (bile ducts prone to infection)
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) (reduction of normal bile flow)
- Biliary Atresia (no bile ducts outside liver)