The Division of Bariatric and Advance Laparoscopy Surgery is a part of the SBHPL for Digestive & Liver Diseases.. It provides advanced laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of Obesity(Bariatric Surgery) and Gastrointestinal Cancers.
Obesity is the leading cause for many chronic diseases like diabetes and blood pressure. The hospital provides a variety of weight loss procedures with great accuracy and meeting international standards. The department is embedded with most advanced technology and equipment efficient to perform best gastric bypass surgery in India.
In addition to Bariatric Surgery the Division also offers advanced laparoscopic surgery for cancers of the Gastro Intestinal tract covering cancers of the Esophagus, Stomach, Colon, Rectum, Pancreas, Spleen, Liver and Gall Bladder.
The laparoscopic operations commonly performed are:
- Laparoscopic esophagectomy (for cancer, Barret’s esophagus)
- Laparoscopic Cardiomyotomy (for Achlasia Cardia) Laparoscopic Fundoplication (for gastro-esophageal reflux)
- Laparoscopic gastrectomy (for cancer of stomach, Leomyoma, gastric outlet obstruction)
Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric banding
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric banding
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic CBD exploration
- Laparoscopic treatment of liver hydatid cyst, small cyst
- Laparoscopic Pseudo pancreatic cyst drainage
- Laparoscopic Pancreatectomy
- Laparoscopic lysis of adhesions
- Laparoscopic small bowel resection
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic excision of Meckel’s diverticulum
Large Intestine (Colon and Rectum)
- Laparoscopic total colectomy
- Laparoscopic low anterior resection
- Laparoscopic abdominoperineal resection
- Laparoscopic right hemicolectomy
- Laparoscopic left hemicolectomy
- Laparoscopic subtotal proctocolectomy
- Laparoscopic Ileo anal pouch
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy for non pheo lesions
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for kidney tumors
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for pyonephrosis
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernias- extra/ intra peritoneal repair
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia
- Laparoscopic femoral hernia
Bariatric surgery is an effective tool to provide you with long term weight-loss benefit and help you enhance your quality of health
A stapling procedure in which 60% of the stomach is removed leaving a 100 ml (volume) pouch.
70-80% of excess weight is reduced in 6-9 months
A small new stomach is created with capicity of 50 ml and the digestive tract is rerouted (bypass). The new stomach is connected to the small intestine which bypasses the larger part of original stomach.
75-85% of excess weight is reduced in 6-9 months
Obesity surgery gives you a new lease of life free from:
- Blood Pressure
- Heart disease
- Heartburn (GERD)
- Cancer risk
- Menstrual irregularity or infertility (in females)
Significant weight loss through bariatric surgery may also pave way for many other exciting opportunities for you and your family!
We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY (LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY)
Laparoscopy today has become gold standard for treatment of most of abdominal problems.The advantages of laparoscopy are, fast recovery , less postoperative pain, minimal blood loss, less hospital stay, better cosmetic results & early return to work.
Basic laparoscopic procedures performed:
1. Lap. Cholecystectomy(for gall stones)
2. Lap. Appendectomy ( for acute appendicitis)
3. Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair (all types of ventral hernias including recurrent hernias are being performed by laparoscopy)
4. Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
5. Laparoscopy for Acute abdomen in emergencies
6. Diagnostic Laparoscopy / lymph node biopsy
7. MIPH (minimally invasive procedure for piles i.e. stapled hemorrhoidectomy)
8. STARR(Stapled Trans-anal Rectal Resection) for ODS and rectal prolapse
Advanced Laparoscopic procedures performed:
1. Laparoscopic Heller’s Cardiomyotomy for Achalasia Cardia.
2. Laparoscopic Hiatal hernia repair & laparoscopy for Gastroesophageal Reflux disease.
3. Laparoscopic Vagotomy and Gastrojejunostomy for gastric outet obstruction
4. Laparoscopic CBD exploration for Common Bile duct stones.
5. Laparoscopy for Choledochal cyst excision.
6. Laparoscopy for Pseudopancreatic cyst.
7. Laparoscopy for benign conditions of small & large intestines.
8. Laparoscopy for Rectal prolapse.
9. Laproscopic solid organ surgery:
– Lap. Splenectomy
– Lap. Adrenelectomy
– Lap Nephrectomy
Bariatric surgery(weight loss surgery) & Metabolic surgery:
Bariatric surgery, also known as “ METABOLIC SURGERY” provides the longest period of sustained weight loss in patients for whom all other therapies have failed. It should be viewed first and foremost as a method for alleviating a debilitating disease and providing health benefits in treating co morbidities like Diabetes, Dyslipidemia, Hypertension ,Obstructive sleep apnea ,Gastroesophageal reflux , Lower back and joint pain etc .
The commonly performed bariatric procedures include:
1. Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
2. Laparoscopic Roux-en Y Gastric Bypass
3. Laparoscopic One anastomosis Gastric Bypass
4. Laparoscopic Banded sleeve
5. Laparoscopic Banded Bypass
6. Revision Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries